Top 7 Signs of a “Dad Just Happened” Summer
- You immediately calculate the hours until bedtime as you open your eyes to your “good” morning alarm.
- Your second thought on awakening is how guilty you feel for sleeping in — It’s 6:00 a.m.
- Your food budget is up 37% because you’re now feeding them lunch and two snacks.
Note: Before you ask, the kids do eat lunch during the school year. Reduced school lunch (40 cents/meal) is an automatic when you’ve got 13 dependents
- Your are tortured by a spoken word that should be beautiful — “Mom” Yesterday, one child alone said this word 112 times by dinner. You know this because there’s a “Tally Counter” app for that! (Now multiply “Mom” x 13 x 112 to equate the pure madness this once beloved word brings)
- Paper is pure survival. Paper cups, paper plates, paper bowls, paper towels, craft paper, paper cutouts, paperbacks, etc.
- 90% of the food consumed, cleaning supplies used, and birthday gifts given (there are 8/15 birthdays that fall between June 21st and September 22nd) arrive by delivery from places like Amazon, Boxed, Walmart.
- You will take at least one member of your gang to a doctor’s appointment on 33 of the 93 days of Summer!
You’re too exhausted to write posts of substance!!!
I need a vacation from vacation!!!